How to Pack Fragile Items
Still have your grandparents’ antique china collection, or perhaps you have a whole set of expensive ceramic figurines. Either way, you will want to ensure that those items do not break when moving houses. Hopefully our tips below will show you how to pack those fragile items and keep them safe.
A professional house removals company will take every precaution when handling boxes that are labelled ‘FRAGILE,’ and it’s never a waste of time to pack those fragile items with additional care.
Here are a few tips you can try when packing fragile items.
- Line all glassware with enough packing paper, or newspaper to save money, and ensure that they are individually wrapped to prevent any breakage. This may take some time but it’s worth it.
- When it comes to packing your kitchen ware always pack fragile plates vertically, check out the video at the bottom of this screen to help you. If you have some bubble wrap, wrap each plate individually, if you don’t have bubble wrap you can use towels or any soft durable material to wrap plates like T-shirts. After all, nowadays is about being inventive when it comes to saving money.
- Do you have collectables? Collectable items are tricky to pack merely because they come in different shapes and sizes. The first important step to packing valuable items (that have odd shapes) is to plan in advance, think about it’s shape and then plan accordingly.
- Get the correct packing materials. Some of the things you will require to pack fragile objects include bubble wraps, pieces of cardboard, brown box tape, sheets of paper and plenty of sturdy boxes. Also, don’t forget a black marker pen which you will use to label the boxes.
- Take your time. It can be tempting to hang around until the last minute to begin packing your belongings. Resist this temptation at all cost. It’s much simpler packing if you start preparing early. It could take you weeks pack an entire house and a day, or more, to pack up your fragile objects. Take your time, do things properly and you will enjoy the moving experience.
Hope this guide shows you how to pack those fragile items and remember, if you are relocating within London or the Home Counties we are here to help. For a reliable man and van service in London with the most competitive prices give us a call today on 020 3327 7300.
Please take a second to +1 this post using the G+1 button below, thank you for reading!
How to pack fragile items